If you're a teacher or administrator who wants to give your students the best chances possible on the Math SAT, or if you're a parent of a student facing the test, here is the advantage you're looking for.
Designed as a companion book to Students! Get Ready for the Mathematics for SAT I, this workbook is crammed with strategies and ideas. Show your students techniques that can make a big difference in their college chances--teach them techniques that will really boost their Math SAT I scores.
This information-packed teacher's volume gives you:
* An overview of the SAT I, including a description of its format, content, and the use of a calculator on the test
* A selective review of the mathematics taught through elementary algebra and geometry, with particular attention to problem solving.
* Less-well-known mathematics "facts" and problem-solving tools
* Ways to advise students on strategies for taking the SAT I, including when and how to guess on unfamiliar items
* A detailed presentation of specific problem-solving strategies
Follow the step-by-step plan in this book, and you will help to signicantly increase your students' scores. Hand your students these tools and they'll be prepared to face the SAT I.