"This book strikes at the heart of what it means to be a good teacher and a good classroom manager."
Benerd School of Education, University of the Pacific
"A nice combination of theoretical background, reflection, and concrete practice!"
Nancy J. Melucci
Behavioral and Social Sciences, El Camino College, Torrance, California
Engage, inspire, and involve your students!
Learn to use effective motivation in the classroom and reap the results –increased student learning and decreased classroom management problems for K-12 classrooms. Research indicates that motivation works. This book bridges the gap between theory and practice with useful applications of motivation theory.
This teacher-friendly guide enables you to determine the type of motivation your students require, and gives you the tools to respond to their needs. Highlights include:
- Understanding the nature of motivation
- Specific strategies for motivating students
- Motivating hard-to-reach students
- Case studies and vignettes
- Suggested activities to "try tomorrow"
- Reflective chapter-end questions
- Helpful Web sites for additional resources
A valuable resource for staff development and an essential guide for any educator who wants to motivate and enhance the educational experience of students.