Teachers helping teachers—with outstanding results for your school and district!
Even for experienced teachers, today’s educational reform initiatives require more than an in-service day. Based on Jim Knight’s best-selling book, Instructional Coaching, this eCourse shows how mentorship can become part of school culture, and improve both teaching practice and school-wide academic performance.
You’ll see best practices for instructional coaching in action, and develop your own valuable coaching skills. After completing the 13-module course, you’ll be fully prepared to coach others, and you’ll have gained new leadership insights for your school or district’s coaching program. In this course you’ll learn:
- All the essential skills that instructional coaches need, with numerous video case studies of coaching situations
- How to self-evaluate your current skill level of instructional coaching and identify areas for improvement
- How to establish trust and lasting partnerships with teachers being coached
- Strategies for strengthening classroom teaching through the mentorship process
- How reflective conversations can promote positive changes in performance
With thoughtful guidance from a notable trainer of teachers, accompanied by a wealth of learning materials, you’ll be ready for future coaching opportunities.This course may be taken by individuals as a self-paced, independent study, or by groups of educators as part of a school or district cohort.
For group enrollments, please contact Corwin Sales at (800) 831-6640.