"I especially like the sections that address the educational leader as one who has a calling to serve. This is the first and only text that has adequately addressed why educational leaders do what they do!"
—Jill Gildea, Superintendent
Harrison Elementary School District #36, IL
Transform your leadership practice by incorporating values, ideals, and ethics!
How can an educational leader practice moral leadership and successfully engage teachers, students, and the surrounding community? In Genuine School Leadership, the authors explore the influence of personal values, experience, and beliefs on a leader's effectiveness. The book analyzes the scientific and sociological foundations of morality, examines current research on ethics, and explains how values develop within the context of educational leadership. With numerous examples, case studies, and exercises, this resource demonstrates how leaders can:
- Analyze their leadership style through reflective practice
- Use personal values to support authentic, moral leadership
- Evaluate decisions based on the ethical norms of the surrounding community
- Engage educators, students, and community members in developing a collective morality
- Nurture schools and districts as values-based learning communities
This insightful resource provides all educators and school leaders with the necessary tools to develop a positive ethical and spiritual basis for their leadership practice and school culture.