At the heart of Enhancing Adolescents’ Motivation for Science is a collection of research-proven strategies on how best to motivate students in science—and once students are motivated, scientific literacy soon follows. Across chapters, Shumow and Schmidt:
• Detail key motivational constructs specific to science with illustrative vignettes
• Address gender differences that influence how girls and boys are motivated
• Describe how to make science learning relevant, accessible, and enjoyable
• Reduce science anxiety and build student confidence, especially among girls
• Offer motivational strategies that are consistent with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Much more than a professional book, Enhancing Adolescents’ Motivation for Science also includes a companion website packed with video clips, links, and tutorials. All in all, there’s no better resource for fuelling the student motivation so central to science literacy.