About the Author
Section 1. Improving the Culture for Struggling Students
1. From a Testing to a Learning Culture: "What About Test Scores?"
2. Relationships Are as Important as Content: "What Do You Mean, Build Relationships? My Job Is to Teach History."
3. Intentional Learning Communities Foster Learning: "What's Community Got to Do With Learning?"
4. How Principles Govern a School Better Than Rules: "So, What About Discipline?"
5. A Democratic School Helps Students Learn: "What's Democratic About Schools?"
Section 2. Improving Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment for Struggling Students
6. Developing Curriculum According to the Right Standards: "What About Standards?"
7. Innovative Instructional Strategies Help Students Learn: "How Do You Get Them to Learn?"
8. Learning From Assessing Learning: "How Do You Know They've Learned?"
Conclusion: The Importance of Looking at the Student as a Whole Person
Resources: Part A. About Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center
Resources: Part B. Test Score Data From Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center