"With each turn of the page I found myself nodding 'exactly!' Whether as a class text assigned by faculty or as a self-study resource used by students, this book will resonate with readers."
—Doug Leigh, Associate Professor of Education
Use these focused guidelines to help you through every stage of the dissertation process!
Writing a dissertation requires focus and commitment. The Education Dissertation provides a step-by-step process for developing and completing an academically rigorous dissertation in a time-efficient manner.
Written for doctoral students in education who are also currently working in the field, this book provides specific and accessible guidance for the entire process, from finding a topic to conducting the literature review to writing and defending the dissertation. Grounded in adult learning theory, this volume:
- Offers a clear, easy-to-follow approach that highlights key milestones with concrete goals and workable methods at each step
- Discusses how practitioner scholars can apply their work experience to the dissertation
- Includes organizational templates complete with detailed charts, checklists, a timeline, student examples, and rubrics
- Provides tips throughout to help students think through situations
- Covers both quantitative and qualitative research
Perfect for practicing educators at any stage of the dissertation process, this resource provides the "big picture" framework as well as the nitty-gritty details.