Discover powerful ways to connect with your students!
All too often, managing a classroom means gaining control, dictating guidelines, and implementing rules. Designed for any teacher struggling with student behavior, motivation, and engagement, Developing a Learning Classroom explores how to create a thriving, learning-centered classroom through three critical concepts?relationships, relevance, and rigor. Discover how you can:
- Develop an interactive learning mindset
- Create a safe environment where students question, explore, and discover
- Uncover a student's learning profile as well as your own teaching style
- Use student input to create classroom practices and procedures
- Apply brain-based instructional strategies to keep students engaged
- Use student surveys and a personal education plan to improve learning environments
Filled with classroom stories, starter worksheets, and action steps, this book reveals the secrets to transforming an ordinary classroom into an extraordinary learning community!