Use these gifted and higher level thinking strategies for all students!
Developed for reading educators, this rich resource incorporates higher level thinking and reading strategies that promote academic achievement for both gifted learners and struggling students. Susan E. Israel, Dorothy A. Sisk, and Cathy Collins Block, recognized leaders in the fields of reading and literacy, provide teachers with tools to create collaborative literacy classrooms where students can generate ideas independently, discuss them, and then develop new concepts within a group environment. Collaboration boosts critical thinking skills and helps develop and enrich reading, writing, speaking, and thinking experiences not just for gifted readers, but for all learners!
You'll gain important insights on:
- Understanding how collaborative literacy affects gifted students and your entire classroom
- Building collaborative literacy using specific resources such as adaptable lessons and activities
- Creating an enriched collaborative literacy environment for all students
- Involving parents in collaborative literacy learning
- Stimulating creativity to increase critical thinking and develop richer comprehension
Develop higher level thinking and reading strategies to help your students become independent researchers, writers, and readers!