How to use coaching strategies to lead change in any organization
Be a CHANGEMASTER is a practical guide for school and district leaders that provides 12 strategies for overcoming resistance to change. Unlike more theoretical books, this text shows how to adopt a coaching style of leadership as a systemic change strategy.
Numerous examples demonstrate how the strategies used in this book have led to transformational change. These success stories are drawn from the work of professionally certified coaches. Components include
- Challenging assumptions to prevent them from becoming reality
- Developing a higher purpose to foster happiness and ensure a positive legacy
- Confronting negativity by reframing and cultivating optimism
- Gathering a group to aggregate energy, creativity, and encouragement
- Using imagery and visualization techniques to improve performance
- Focusing on the future to overcome the errors of the past and challenges of the present
Coaching is the proven change process, and leaders everywhere need to master the skills and strategies coaches use to transform their organizations efficiently and effectively. This book helps turn executives, managers, and team leaders into motivators and their organizations into winners.