This little book is a do-it-yourself speaking coach, mentor, and image consultant rolled into one!
Confident and effective communication is a skill every public speaker craves and every exceptional speaker continually hones. Effective presentations require preparation, savvy performance, and sound communication to win audience approval and "buy-in." Inside Backstage Pass for Presenters, Trainers, and Public Speakers you will find strategies to help you do just that, including:
- Designing audience handouts and seating the audience
- Maintaining group energy and timing group work
- Working with angry and challenging audiences
- Structuring breaks for more active audience participation
- Quality closers that highlight session gains
- Self-evaluation assessments that include feedback from colleagues
- Lists of Q&A's and Do's and Don'ts
This practical yet humorous handbook demonstrates how to get your point across and win your audience-by zeroing in on the keys to successful communication, whether your goal is to bring a change in ideas, attitude, or performance from your audience.