All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Developing learners who know where they are in their learning, where they’re going, and how to get there—in other words, learners who are assessment-capable—is one of the principal aims of Visible Learning. However, we cannot help students be assessment-capable learners if teachers are not assessment-capable themselves. Teachers create assessment-capable learners through various targeted “moves” designed to:
- Increase teacher clarity
- Use the right teaching strategies at the right time
- Provide effective feedback to learners
- Model effective learning strategies themselves
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself