Teach Reading and Writing like the Masters!
The Corwin Literacy Institute, in partnership with QEP Books, is a two-day conference keynoted by Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey on October 7 and by Gretchen Bernabei on October 8. The institute provides expert insight, proven techniques, classroom-tested strategies, and actionable take-aways on timely reading and writing challenges facing schools today.
Participants will learn how to:
- Teach literacy standards across content areas
- Utilize proven techniques to motivate and engage all learners
- Teach students to read, write, speak, think, and develop their language skills
- Develop effective reading and writing lessons
- Use powerful strategies to help students become independent readers and writers
Day One Highlights
- Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey on the most effective methods to teach students how to read closely and carefully
- Gravity Goldberg on how to foster true student independence in reading and how to decide what to teach readers tomorrow
- Barry Gilmore on the 15 must-have skills every student needs to achieve for college- and career-readiness as well as how educators can engage and motivate all students
Day Two Highlights
- Gretchen Bernabei on the most effective methods can educators can use to teach students how to write clearly and concisely
- Leslie Blauman on the importance of and the best ways to teach evidence-based writing as well as how to turn the literacy block into the power hour
- Jeffrey Wilhelm on a revolutionary teaching framework that helps students read nonfiction as well as how to build effective, engaging lessons for teaching argument writing.